How to Form a Student Chapter
- at least nine SPWLA student members.
- a Faculty Advisor who is an active member of SPWLA and a professor at the university
Gather and submit the following information to the SPWLA Business Office (Attention: Membership) to start your chapter:
- List of student member names with member numbers (or applications with payment included).
- Name of Faculty Advisor with member number and email address.
- Official name of your chapter with complete mailing address
(Examples: University of Oklahoma Chapter of the SPWLA or Kansas State University SPWLA Student Chapter).
- Affiliated society chapter (see website for the chapter nearest you) and name of the person who will be the initial society liaison.
- List of your Executive Committee (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) with email addresses.
- Completed Bylaws (see below link).
- Acknowledgement of the contents of the Operations manual (see below link).
For additional details regarding the program:
Contact SPWLA’s Business Office for additional assistance.
SPWLA • 8866 Gulf Freeway Suite #320• Houston, Tx 77017 USA
1-713-947-8727 • Fax: 1-713-947-7181