What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you first access the SPWLA Website, we identify the IP-address from which you accessed our site. We save this information, along with the time you first entered the site.
- SPWLA tracks how you navigate through the site, so that we can better understand your use of the site so that we may continue to improve it.
- When you provide us with information such as name, address, E-Mail address, or personal information in a Symposia or Topical Conference registration form, the information is transmitted to our office and is not retained on our server.
- SPWLA protects sensitive customer information through the use of secure server software for conducting financial transactions, such as transmission of credit card numbers. No customer data or financial information is stored on our servers.
- For such things as joining a mailing lists or discussion forum, SPWLA will retain names, address and E-mail addresses on our server.
- We monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store.
- Your name and E-mail address may be shared with local SPWLA chapters so information about upcoming events can be shared in your area. However, SPWLA will NOT redistribute any information collected via the SPWLA website to non-SPWLA affiliated organizations or companies.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make improvements to the SPWLA website. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Your personal information is collected through our contact forms only. This website currently has no applications or programs that gather information from your computer without your consent. Users are required to give us contact information (e.g., your name and email address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code). Certain information, such as your email address, is collected in order to verify your identity and for use in our records. Information collected at this website is kept in our records only as long as is necessary to provide requested services to our clients.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, please Contact Us.