How to Form a Student Chapter
- at least nine SPWLA student members.
- a Faculty Advisor who is an active member of SPWLA and a professor at the university
Gather and submit the following information to the SPWLA Business Office (Attention: Membership) to start your chapter:
- List of student member names with member numbers (or applications with payment included).
- Name of Faculty Advisor with member number and email address.
- Official name of your chapter with complete mailing address
- (Examples: University of Oklahoma Chapter of the SPWLA or Kansas State University SPWLA Student Chapter).
- Affiliated society chapter (see website for the chapter nearest you) and name of the person who will be the initial society liaison.
- List of your Executive Committee (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) with email addresses.
- Completed Bylaws (see below link).
- Acknowledgement of the contents of the Operations manual (see below link).
Attention Chapter Officers
SPWLA would like to offer students who sign up to b9 new
members between September and November extended membership through the end of
the following year. For example, if a student registers for the first time in
September 2021, their membership would be valid until December 31, 2022. It will be the responsibility of the Chapter officers to
send a name list of the new members to [email protected]
by November 1st in order for the memberships to be advanced through
December 31, of the current year..
For additional details regarding the program:
Student Chapter Bylaws
Operations Manual for SPWLA Student Chapters
Contact SPWLA’s Business Office for additional assistance.
8866 Gulf Freeway Suite #320
Houston, Tx 77017 USA