Petrophysicist - Chevron
Location- Houston TX
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Petrophysicist, located in Houston, Texas, through May 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 352518
Overview: Chevron Energy Technology Company is seeking a Petrophysicist with 5+ relevant years of experience in the oil and gas industry, with an earth science, geophysics, or engineering background. Work scope includes a wide variety of formation evaluation projects from our worldwide operations, ranging from exploration to detailed multi-well field studies. Projects may involve occasional travel for project work, technical presentations, or delivering training. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to take a strong technical leadership role in a services group working on the advancement of the use petrophysical data and methodologies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Assist asset teams in coordinating and prioritizing respective formation evaluation activities.
- Provide strategic and tactical reservoir-wide to single-well FE log and core data planning, acquisition, evaluation, and incorporation into AD subsurface evaluations.
- Manage large multi-well openhole and casedhole log evaluation projects.
- Provide quality control of wireline data and ensure storage of data in appropriate System of Record.
- Liaise with Business Units on technology development for unconventional resources.
- Mentor, conduct training seminars, and champion innovative technology applications to strengthen formation evaluation competency.
Travel occasionally as needed for projects to ensure quality control of field logging operations and training.
Digital Rock Specialist (Job ID: 15825)- Saudi Aramco
Location- Saudi Arabia